Who we are
We are Agrimetrics Limited, a company limited by guarantee (registered with number 9626581).
Our registered address is C/O Rothamsted Research, West Common, Harpenden, AL5 2JQ.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How do you use my data?
When you purchase data products or other services from our data platform
When you purchase data products of other services from us, we will use your personal information to complete your purchase. The details that we collect from you will include your name, address, email address and payment details.
To complete your purchase, we share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in the purchase process, such as support services, payment providers, and credit reference agencies.
We need to process your personal information in this way to enter into and perform the contract for the data or services that you that you have purchased from us.
When you create a user logon to access data and services from our data platform
When you create a user logon to access data and services from us, we will use your personal information to create your user account. The details that we collect from you will include your name and email address.
We need to process your personal information in this way to enter into and perform the contract for the data or services that you that you, your business or your employer have purchased from us.
When you use our mobile benchmarking apps
When you use our mobile benchmarking apps, we will use information that you give to us, including personal information, in order to provide you with the benchmarking results that you have requested. The details that we collect from you will vary depending on which of our apps you use, but would normally include your name, email address, location and specific details required for benchmarking purposes.
We process your personal information in this way because we have a legitimate interest to provide benchmarking results to you and other users of these services.
When you contribute your data to specific programmes via Agrimetrics
When you register to contribute your data to specific programmes, such as YEN or ASSIST, we will use information that you give to us, including personal information, in order to enrol you in those programmes.
Details of how we share your information with specific programmes are set out at the end of this policy.
We need to process your personal information in this way to enter into and perform the agreement with you to contribute your data to the selected programmes.
When you have expressed an interest in Agrimetrics, our products and services.
This section applies if you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, or have previously expressed an interest in Agrimetrics and not opted out.
We will handle your personal or business information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number) to provide you with marketing communications in line with any preferences you have told us about.
If we send you marketing emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to keep you informed of additional services and products, and to promote the success of Agrimetrics.
To make our website, products and services better
We will also use your personal information to provide you with a more effective user experience.
We will also use your personal information for the purposes of making our site more secure, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We process your data for this reason because we have a legitimate interest to provide you with the best experience we can, and to ensure that our site is kept secure.
What about technical data and analytics?
Information we collect about you: When you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages.
Information we receive from other sources: We are also working closely with third party analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers from whom we may also receive general aggregated anonymous information about you.
We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you.
Cookies & Tokens
Where is my data stored?
The data that we collect from you will normally be stored and processed within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third-party data storage providers.
How long do we retain your data for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or legal requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for the personal information we hold, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the reasons why we handle your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Where we anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes (as set out above), we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your right to object under data protection laws
You have the right to object to us handling your personal information when:
- we are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the "How do you use my data" section above). If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless we can show you that we have compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue; or
- for marketing purposes. If you ask us to stop handling your personal information on this basis, we will stop.
What are my rights under data protection laws?
You have various rights under the data protection laws, which you can exercise by contacting us. The easiest way to do this is by email at email@example.com.
Right of access
You are entitled receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information.
You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
Right to rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
Right to restriction
You can restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- you think we hold inaccurate personal information about you;
- our handling of your personal information breaks the law, but you do not want us to delete it;
- we no longer need to process your personal information, but you want us to keep it for legal reasons; or
- where we are handling your personal information because we have a legitimate interest (as described in the "How We Use Your Data" section above, and are in the process of objecting to this use of your personal information.
Where you exercise your right to restrict us from using your personal information, we will then only process your personal information when you agree, except for storage purposes and to handle legal claims.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, standard machine-readable format and to send this to another organisation controlling your personal information.
This right only applies to your personal information we are handling because you consented to us using it or because there is a contract in place between us.
Right to erasure
You have the right to require us to erase your personal information which we are handling in the following circumstances:
- where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- where we needed your consent to use your personal information, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other lawful way we can continue to use your personal information;
- when you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling it;
- if our handling of your personal information has broken the law; and
when we must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subject to.
Right to complain
Where we have not been able to resolve your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
What about websites we link to?
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates.
Our site connects you to different websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites or use our services, please note that you have left our site and these websites have their own privacy policies.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check their policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
How do I contact you with feedback?
Programme specific details:
Yield Enhancement Network ("YEN")
If you have decided to register to contribute your data to YEN via our YEN Portal:
- we will share your personal information with RSK ADAS Ltd to be used for the purposes of YEN and subject to the principles set out in the YEN Charter;
- we may use information that you give to us, including personal information, to provide you with potential yield estimates, including those set out in the YEN Charter;
- we will use information about the yield of your field(s) to generate reports on average yields in an aggregated and anonymized way to reply to the requests of other users that interrogate YEN Portal.
Achieving Sustainable Agricultural Systems ("ASSIST")
If you have opted to participate in the ASSIST project:
- we will share information that you give to us, including personal information, with the ASSIST project.